(31 October) Quarter century of looking after other people's children
Picture feature on Chapelwood, New Ash Green woman who is retiring as a childminder, having looked after 110 children over the last 25 years.
(31 October) Harvest to help hungry
Picture feature on Harvest Festival Assembly for New Ash Green Primary School.
(24 October) MP goes into battle over 'deplorable' rail service
MP Gareth Johnson says Southeastern and the Department for Transport will not reduce the number of trains stopping at Longfield, which had been requested by campaigners in East Kent to reduce their journey times. (Dartford Messenger, p15)
(24 October) Concert success
Hartley and District Choir raise nearly £500 for the Roundash Preschool. (Dartford Messenger, p43)
(17 October) Former BBC man aims to be next MP
Labour select Simon Thomson to be prospective candidate for Dartford. (Dartford Messenger p2)
(17 October) Gourmet feast - for just £9.50
Picture feature on Telescope, the restaurant run by pupils of Longfield Academy (Dartford Messenger p10)
(17 October) Teachers' Strike report News Shopper
reports Hartley Primary School, Our Lady of Hartley RC School, Milestone School and Longfield Academy all partially closed on the one day strike.
(14 October) Parish Council Meeting Click here for report of meeting
, which discussed the following:
* Calls for traffic calming on Ash Road near Black Lion
* Complaints about parking at Cherry Trees. Improvements to rendering of shops there by landlord.
* No reduction in Hartley's streetlighting.
* Rail service at Longfield unlikely to be reduced until 2018. County Council keen for Southeastern to win franchise then.
* Grant money sought for phase 2 playground improvements.
* Plans for new burial ground at Manor Field scaled back.
(3 October) Raider threatened to shoot manager
Armed robbery at Co-op in New Ash Green, by man pretending to be a security guard. He fled empty-handed. (Dartford Messenger, p15